Blazek Electric was founded in 1946 by Charles J. Blazek when he moved to Mason City from Owatonna, Minnesota. He worked primarily doing residential jobs and installing electrical in farm homes that previously had no electricity. In 1958 Blazek Electric was sold to his son Darold, expanded, and was incorporated in 1978. The company has continued to grow and today has around 30 employees. Blazek Electric, Inc. is located in Mason City, Iowa and is privately held.